Please help support Alcohol & Drug Services in your local community

Music Legend Tom Petty Dies of Overdose

Wednesday, 24 January 2018 by

It has been confirmed that music icon, Tom Petty, died of an accidental drug overdose. Toxicology reports indicate that Petty had a mixture of several medications including the potentially lethal fentanyl as well as oxycodone and several benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines and opioids are a high risk medication combination, and have been tied to numerous other overdose

Tagged under: , ,

On Sunday, it was reported by the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office that three adults in the Siler City area died following ingestion of cocaine laced with Fentanyl (a powerful prescription painkiller). Six others became sickened and were treated on the scene by EMS or taken to local hospitals. One of these is presently hospitalized in

Tagged under: , ,

High Point police are investigating a series of opioid overdoses in High Point, NC. An article by local Fox News 8 specifically mentions 5 deaths and 21 known overdoses that have occurred just since March, and which have increased concern among those in the local community. In the Fox video below, Dr. David Fisher addresses

Below is a recent message from Dr. H. Westley Clark, Director of the Center For Substance Abuse Treatment, on a dangerous drug mixture which has already resulted in numerous overdose deaths around the country. While this message was targeted to treatment providers, it is relevant information for the entire community. Please share this cautionary message

Tagged under: , ,