Celebrate Life By Coming Together is a free family event open to the public. This event will remember, celebrate, empower, and encourage the loved ones of those impacted by overdose; support those who are in recovery from substance use; and give hope to the community. This event will have food, bounce houses, games, resource tables,
Fox 8 news reported that 102 people in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania overdosed on synthetic marijuana over a period of three days. The marijuana-like substance is commonly referred to as “K2“. None of the overdoses resulted in fatality. According to the Director of Lancaster Emergency Medical Services, Robert May, some of the emergency calls involved 2
- Published in Cannabis Use, Drug Addiction, Drug Overdose, Information for Parents, Marijuana, Marijuana Addiction, Prevention and Intervention, Street Drugs, Synthetic Marijuana
Eleven teenagers in Indiana were hospitalized after overdosing on THC gummy bears. 911 was called, and when they responded on the scene they found numerous teens hallucinating, experiencing blurry vision, rapid heart rate, and pain in their legs. They all had ingested a half of a gummy bear that had been infused with THC (the
A University of Michigan study funded by the National Institute On Drug Abuse (NIDA) found that college students are presently 51% more likely to use marijuana than same age peers who are not enrolled in college. This trend has been increasing at about 10% per year for several years underscoring the need for increased prevention
In recognition of the 27th Annual National Recovery Month, Alcohol & Drug Services, Inc. and Caring Services, Inc. will sponsor CELEBRATE RECOVERY on Sunday—September 25, 2016 at Oak Hollow Festival Park (1841 Eastchester Drive, High Point, NC) from 2pm-5pm. The purpose of this event is to honor and support individuals and families who are in
There is a powerful and informative short film out – produced by KB Films, and entitled “The Overtaken Documentary“. The film addresses addiction in America and the various ways in which young people are introduced to drugs. The Overtaken Documentary expertly highlights the insidious nature of addiction progression and how youth are wired to typically
The High Point Police Department has been a steadfast supporter of addiction treatment and in assisting people with addiction problems find the help that they need. Their most recent effort is the use of Heroin Help Cards. WFMY News2 aired a segment highlighting this new initiative in which High Point Police Officers will hand out
The NC Council of Community Programs just published its bi-monthly newsletter. In it, Governor McCrory proposed that $30 million dollars be allocated for Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health, and Developmental Disabilities. Included in the allocation is a standing order which allows naloxone to be dispensed to anyone who requests it. Approximately 2500 lives were saved
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Drug Overdose, Drug Treatment, Heroin Addiction, Methadone, Naloxone, Narcan, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Treatment, Prevention and Intervention
Monday, November 30th is the official start date of “National Meth Awareness Week” which is an initiative to educate the public on the dangers of methamphetamine abuse. This is a coordinated prevention program by the Partnership For Drug-Free Kids. It is important to note that some people occasionally confuse “Meth” (a slang abbreviation for methamphetamine)
- Published in Drug Abuse Trends, Drug Facts, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Methamphetamines, Overdose Prevention, Prescription Drug Abuse, Prevention and Intervention, Teen Substance Abuse, Treatment and Recovery
The Triad Business Journal recently covered the good work being done by the Cone Health Foundation in their ongoing effort to improve health in the Greensboro area. Owen Covington of the TBJ published a story November 6, 2015 listing local agencies that have partnered with Cone Health Foundation to raise the provision and quality of
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- Historically, abstinence-based recovery has sou...
- An overview: Methadone and Suboxone are the two...
- Celebrate Life By Coming Together is a free fam...
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has anno...
- There is an interesting life story and profile ...
- Fox 8 news reported that 102 people in Lancaste...