In recognition of the 27th Annual National Recovery Month, Alcohol & Drug Services, Inc. and Caring Services, Inc. will sponsor CELEBRATE RECOVERY on Sunday—September 25, 2016 at Oak Hollow Festival Park (1841 Eastchester Drive, High Point, NC) from 2pm-5pm. The purpose of this event is to honor and support individuals and families who are in
There is a powerful and informative short film out – produced by KB Films, and entitled “The Overtaken Documentary“. The film addresses addiction in America and the various ways in which young people are introduced to drugs. The Overtaken Documentary expertly highlights the insidious nature of addiction progression and how youth are wired to typically
The High Point Police Department has been a steadfast supporter of addiction treatment and in assisting people with addiction problems find the help that they need. Their most recent effort is the use of Heroin Help Cards. WFMY News2 aired a segment highlighting this new initiative in which High Point Police Officers will hand out
The NC Council of Community Programs just published its bi-monthly newsletter. In it, Governor McCrory proposed that $30 million dollars be allocated for Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health, and Developmental Disabilities. Included in the allocation is a standing order which allows naloxone to be dispensed to anyone who requests it. Approximately 2500 lives were saved
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Drug Overdose, Drug Treatment, Heroin Addiction, Methadone, Naloxone, Narcan, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Treatment, Prevention and Intervention
Monday, November 30th is the official start date of “National Meth Awareness Week” which is an initiative to educate the public on the dangers of methamphetamine abuse. This is a coordinated prevention program by the Partnership For Drug-Free Kids. It is important to note that some people occasionally confuse “Meth” (a slang abbreviation for methamphetamine)
- Published in Drug Abuse Trends, Drug Facts, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Methamphetamines, Overdose Prevention, Prescription Drug Abuse, Prevention and Intervention, Teen Substance Abuse, Treatment and Recovery
The Triad Business Journal recently covered the good work being done by the Cone Health Foundation in their ongoing effort to improve health in the Greensboro area. Owen Covington of the TBJ published a story November 6, 2015 listing local agencies that have partnered with Cone Health Foundation to raise the provision and quality of
Each September, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) sponsors National Recovery Month, a national observance that educates Americans on the fact that addiction treatment and mental health services can enable those with a mental and/or substance use disorder to live a healthy and rewarding life. Recovery Month spreads the positive message that
A new Town Hall Meeting will occur in High Point at the High Point Arts Council on Tuesday evening July 14th. Fact: Two out of three families are somehow touched by addiction! The Town Hall Meeting will address addiction in our community and how family members can do something about this illness to hopefully prevent
- Published in Addiction, Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Alcoholism, College Alcohol Abuse, Current Drug Trends, Drug Abuse Trends, Drug Treatment, General Discussion, Information for Parents, Narcan, Opioid Overdose, Overdose Prevention, Prescription Drug Abuse, Prevention and Intervention, Recovery, Treatment and Recovery
A June 2015 article in Medscape points to continued public concerns with drug overdose in the United States. Megan Brooks of Medscape writes: “Drug overdose is now the leading cause of deaths from injury in the United States.” She addresses that 26 states have seen an increase in drug overdose deaths over the last 4 years. In 36
Achieving something of value typically begins with the belief that one can accomplish a goal if they set their mind to it. With an addiction problem, self-doubt can creep into the picture and keep a person from believing that they can change or that living drug free is truly attainable. As a counselor, I have
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- North Carolina has an informative website which...
- There is an enlightening article and video segm...
- A local Fox 8 news article just revealed that C...
- Authorities have identified a new drug hitting ...
- Joe McDonald is President and CEO of Catholic H...
- A Fox News report highlighted a recent story de...