Fox8 News has provided media coverage of ADS’ facility on Chestnut Drive in High Point and the assistance that ADS has received through the years from the High Point Community Foundation. The Foundation has provided funds that sustained ADS’ Prevention efforts among other upgrades to help keep the facility running. The ADS High Point location used
Finally, it seems there is growing momentum for the utilization of medications in treating opioid addiction. The commissioner of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Scott Gottlieb, has expressed an intent for the FDA to leverage the use of medications to treat opioid addiction in America. The list of medications include methadone, buprenorphine, and
Historically, abstinence-based recovery has sought to establish that recovering addicts abstain from all use of illicit substances including alcohol. This model of treatment was originally rooted in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step Program which by design was intended to address alcohol addiction specifically. That program has been extremely popular and effective in helping alcohol dependent
- Published in Addiction in Media, Addiction Recovery, Brain Science, Current Drug Trends, Drug Addiction, Faith and Inspiration, Heroin Overdose, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Methadone Clinics, Opioid Addiction, Opioid Recovery, Opioid Treatment, Overdose Prevention, Recovery, Suboxone, Treatment and Recovery
Celebrate Life By Coming Together is a free family event open to the public. This event will remember, celebrate, empower, and encourage the loved ones of those impacted by overdose; support those who are in recovery from substance use; and give hope to the community. This event will have food, bounce houses, games, resource tables,
North Carolina has an informative website which addresses the rising opioid problem. The address is GovernorsInstitute.org and this site highlights the issue of opioid use and misuse in the United States. Mentioned there is that 998 North Carolinians died of opioid overdose in 2015. The Governors Institute offers guidelines on opioid prescribing and also focuses
- Published in Addiction in Media, Buprenorphine, Drug Abuse Trends, Drug Overdose, Drug Treatment, Drug Treatment Funding, General Discussion, Heroin Overdose, Media and Addiction Coverage, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Methadone, Opioid Recovery, Opioid Treatment, Pain Management, Recovery
There is an enlightening article and video segment by Ryan Haraar (Colorado 9NEWS) on the rising problem with opioid overdose in America. The piece highlights that the United States comprises 5% of the world’s population, but consumes 80% of the world’s prescription opioids. Presently, there is considerable discussion in the news about the origins of
Like most every place in the United States, the state of Colorado is also experiencing a local opioid crisis. In Denver, many people are in search of opioid treatment. In the video linked here, Denver Health is profiled as an area methadone clinic that is presently treating 600 patients who had developed severe opioid addiction.
As we examine the opioid crisis in America, it is important to take note of trends in both the prevalence of opioid abuse as well as progress in providing education and treatment to address the problem. CNN reported that during a 32 hour span of time between Wednesday and Friday of last week, emergency personnel
The Pew Charitable Trusts published a video overview on medication-assisted therapy for opioid use disorder. The clip is less than 2 minutes (shown below), and offers a quick summary of the medications often used in treating opioid addiction. Opioid use disorder is highlighted as a complex brain disease. Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) combines medication + behavioral
Probuphine is a new drug recently developed and released by Braeburn Pharmaceuticals. The drug is FDA-approved and is a time-released version of buprenorphine (the active ingredient in Suboxone that staves off opioid withdrawal symtoms). Probuphine must be implanted beneath the patient’s skin (typically in the arm) where it gradually distributes medication for 6 months. The
Subscribe to ADS Posts
- It’s time to get rid of your outdated or ...
- Spectrum News published a segment the week of 1...
- Greetings everyone! We have exciting news: ADS ...
- WSOC-TV has published a segment on NC Attorney ...
- Listed below is a link and a video with informa...
- A co-occurring disorder is one that involves bo...